The Mayor’s Manufacturing Council is made up of top-decision makers from the manufacturing sector in Fontana. They meet with the Mayor to discuss challenges, benefits, and resources in manufacturing.
At their first meeting in 2017, they asked the Mayor and Chamber of Commerce to develop a webpage that lists all the resources we could find to help manufacturers. Beyond just a list with outdated links, they wanted a fully vetted contact list with connections to REAL people who REALLY care about manufacturing and will respond to their needs.
The list below represents personal contacts in the community that every person who oversees the operations of a manufacturing facility should meet.
They want to meet you.
CALIFORNIA MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY CONSULTING
Dennis Sonney of CMTC (California Manufacturing Technology Consulting) is a manufacturing growth coach and consultant supporting manufacturing. CMTC is a nonprofit organization under the Department of Commerce for the State of California. Dennis provides free consultations to find resources to support manufacturers in the areas of:
- Lean manufacturing
- Quality management
- Human resources
- Supply chain
- Cyber Security
Many of CMTC services are free or very low cost. Call Dennis to schedule and appointment and find out what resources you may be missing out on.
Dennis Sonney | 951-892-5414 | www.cmtc.com
FONTANA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Certificates of Origin
To better serve the needs of our members, we offer Certificates of Origin. This service is free (up to 100 certificates each membership year) to our current members. We also serve businesses who are not members of the chamber, at $60 per certificate.
Chamber Members | FREE: Up to 100 certificates each year.
Non-Members | $60.00 / per certificate.
Bill of Lading
Let us help to fill your open positions!
Job listings on our ‘Fontana Works!’ job board are completely free for current members. We’ll help you to find and attract quality talent. Contact us today for help posting your opportunities.
Fontana Chamber | (909) 822 – 4433 | email@example.com
HIRING & TRAINING VETERANS
State of California Employment Development Department (EDD)
Clint Miller is a Local Veteran’s Employment Representative at the State of California Employment Development Department. He’s an excellent resource for any manufacturer wanting to fill their positions by hiring qualified and reliable veterans. Clint is also very familiar with programs through the State of California that can help to offset operational costs.
Clint Miller | (909) 948 – 6612 | firstname.lastname@example.org
CHAFFEY COLLEGE INTECH CENTER
The Industrial Technical Learning Center (InTech) is a regional training center managed by the Chaffey College Economic Development department and designed to upskill a workforce pipeline for business and industry in the Inland Empire. The state-of-the-art 33,000 square foot training facility is the first public-private partnership in California. Located on the campus of California Steel industries in Fontana, InTech provides industry-driven technical and professional development training for the region’s growing manufacturing and logistics industries, as well as other emerging industries such as healthcare and the public sector. For more information, contact Sandra Sisco, Director, Economic Development & InTech Center.
The InTech Center’s Services Include:
- Employee upskilling and training
- Professional Development:
- Project Management
- Leadership Skills
- Business and Technical Communications
- Intermediate and Advanced Excel
- Professional Business Writing
- Time Management
- Industrial Technical Training
- Industrial Electrical & Mechanical Pre-Apprenticeship
- Automation, Robotics, and Mechatronics (ARM) Pre-Apprenticeship
- Need a Well-trained Technical Employee?
- Training Funds
- InTech has been awarded training contracts from the state of California to fund employee training.
Director, Economic Development and InTech Center
INLAND EMPIRE SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER
The Inland Empire SBDC provides assistance and connects small businesses to resources in order to succeed.
They provide business consulting and workshops in four core areas:
- Business Planning
- The IESBDC provides business services at two convenient locations:
ONTARIO | 603 N. Euclid Avenue, Ontario CA 91762 | (909) 983-5005
RIVERSIDE | 3780 Market Street, Riverside CA 92501 | (951) 781-2345
Riccardo and Vanessa Canova of Your Workforce Consultants, work directly with Fontana businesses to help them find the right people for their open positions. They have also been instrumental in also securing funding for hiring, training, and promoting new employees.
- On the Job Training Program – pays 50% of a new or promoted employees’ salary for three months
- Jobs Board – get your job postings out to thousands of job seekers in S.B. County
- On-site training – Get help finding and funding on-site training for your employees.
Workforce Consulting | (909) 544 – 3787 |email@example.com
WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT BOARD
San Bernardino County’s Workforce Development Board can assist enterprises to gain a competitive advantage and avoid closure or reductions in their workforce.
They can assist small or large companies with the following business services:
- Labor Market Information: Workforce Trends, In-Demand Occupations, High-Growth Industries, etc.
- Layoff Aversion: Professional experts can assist companies at risk of closure or reduction in workforce to develop efficient operations, improve productivity, and reduce costs.
- Rapid Response: For companies experiencing downsizing, a professional team can coordinate appropriate services, including access to state and economic assistance.
Eric Rivas | (909) 382-0451 | firstname.lastname@example.org